Often there are extensions to stories featured in the print version of Vermont Medicine. Web Extras allow additional content to be shared online.
Teaching Academy Induction
The UVM College of Medicine celebrated the inuaugural members of the Teaching Academy as well as "scholarship, medical education curricular innovations, professional development and advancement" during a dinner and ceremony March 26, 2015. The event was followed by a full-day symposium March 27 at the Sheraton Burlington Conference Center. See the full list of inductees and read more about the event.
- Read news story and see full list of Teaching Academy inductees.
- See a photo gallery from the event.
Match Day 2015
On March 20, 2015, beginning at noon, students in the Class of 2015 learned exactly where they will be doing their specialty training for the next three or more years. The event, held in the Hoehl Gallery, featured bagpipes played by H. James Wallace, M.D. '88, as well as lots of hugs, high fives and celebrating.
- Video Highlights: Match Day 2015 (features clips from ceremony and interviews with students)
- Video: Match Day 2015 full ceremony
- Photo Gallery: Match Day 2015
- View the full 2015 Match List (PDF)
The UVM College of Medicine graduated 113 students May 17, 2015, during a ceremony in the Ira Allen Chapel.
- Video: Commencement 2015 full ceremony
- Video: Peter Wingfield, M.D. '15 Student Address
- Video: Vito Imbasciani, M.D. '88 Commencement Address
- Photo Gallery: Commencement 2015
- Blog Post: Peter Wingfield, M.D.'15
Herbert Durfee, M.D.'48 Photography
From 1951 to 1953, alum Herbert Durfee, M.D.'48 photographed the post-war landscape in Europe while stationed at the U.S. Army Airbase in Wiesbaden, West Germany. UVM's Fleming Museum recently hosted an exhibit of his work.
- Photo Gallery: Additional photos from Dr. Durfee
Last modified June 11 2015 02:27 PM