Clinical & Translational Research Symposium
Friday, November 21, 2014
The University of Vermont Medical Center
A scientific poster presentation will be held throughout the day and is open to all attendees.
The competition will have two categories: Pre-Doc/Post-Doc and Faculty/Staff. The winner in each category will win a cash prize of $125.
Four junior investigator abstracts will be chosen for a special presentation. Each junior investigator will be given five minutes during the symposium to present the research topic discussed in the abstract. The abstracts chosen will not be a part of the poster competition, but those who are selected may submit a second abstract to be displayed with the other posters if they desire.
Poster Guidelines are as Follows:
- The poster board assigned to each presenter will be 5 ft. wide by 4 ft. high.
- Posters should be outputted onto one paper.
- Each presentation should contain a top panel listing, the title of the abstract, the names of the authors, and the institutional affiliations.
- The lettering in the section should not be less than 1” high. The lettering should be at least large, bold type- all type needs to be legible from a distance
- Keep illustrations and tables simple.
- Lines in graphs should be heavy. Symbols, letters, and numbers should be large enough to be seen from a distance of 6’. Use of color may help.
- Abstract submissions must be received no later than Friday, November 14th. If you wish to be considered for the junior investigator talks, please submit no later than November 7th.
- Please submit poster abstracts to Charles.Brooks@uvm.edu.
- Please direct questions to Charles Brooks via email or by phone at (802) 656-2176.
To view these guidelines in PDF form and to see a sample poster layout, please click here.
To register or for more information, please contact:
Charles Brooks, events coordinator
The University of Vermont Cancer Center
Courtyard at Given N-419
89 Beaumont Avenue
Burlington, VT 05405
Contact by Email
Last modified November 13 2014 08:59 AM