VCC Clinical & Translational Research Symposium
Friday, November 21, 2014
Fletcher Allen Health Care
Members of the University of Vermont College of Medicine, the University of Massachusetts, and Dartmouth University will be able to participate in a poster competition during the Clinical & Translational Research Symposium.
The competition will have two categories: Pre-Doc/Post-Doc and Faculty/Staff. The winner in each category will win a cash prize of $125.
Four junior investigator abstracts will be chosen for a special presentation. Each junior investigator will be given five minutes during the symposium to present the research topic discussed in the abstract. The abstracts chosen will not be a part of the poster competition, but those who are selected may submit a second abstract to be displayed with the other posters if they desire.
Poster Guidelines are as Follows:
- The poster board assigned to each presenter will be 5 ft. wide by 4 ft. high.
- Posters should be outputted onto one paper.
- Each presentation should contain a top panel listing, the title of the abstract, the names of the authors, and the institutional affiliations.
- The lettering in the section should not be less than 1” high. The lettering should be at least large, bold type- all type needs to be legible from a distance
- Keep illustrations and tables simple.
- Lines in graphs should be heavy. Symbols, letters, and numbers should be large enough to be seen from a distance of 6’. Use of color may help.
- Abstract submissions must be received no later than Friday, November 14th.
- Please submit poster abstracts to Charles.Brooks@uvm.edu.
- Please direct questions to Charles Brooks via email or by phone at (802) 656-2176.
To view these guidelines in PDF form and to see a sample poster layout, please click here.
To register or for more information, please contact:
Charles Brooks, events coordinator
Vermont Cancer Center
Courtyard at Given N-419
89 Beaumont Avenue
Burlington, VT 05405
Contact by Email
Last modified October 17 2014 01:48 PM