This page has moved to here!
The University of Vermont Cancer Center is Vermont’s only not-for-profit comprehensive clinical and research cancer center. Founded in 1974, the organization is located within the University of Vermont (UVM) College of Medicine and enjoys a clinical partnership with The University of Vermont Medical Center.
As national leaders in cancer research, our mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients through an integrated and innovative approach to research, education and compassionate patient care.
To make cancer a preventable and curable disease here in Vermont and beyond.
Our Scientists and Physician Investigators in Action
The University of Vermont Cancer Center has an ongoing commitment to innovative cancer research, life-saving prevention and treatment programs, public education, and scientific collaboration. Our members provide high-quality cancer care through the University of Vermont Medical Center and are also developing multidisciplinary treatment centers for specific cancers.
A central part our mission is to share the latest information on cancer prevention and screening, diagnostics and treatment, as well as advances in clinical and laboratory research and issues of survivorship. Annual events such as our Men’s Health and Cancer Conference in June and Women’s Health and Cancer Conference in October provide valuable information and education to both the general public and health care providers.
Some of our researchers' achievements include:
- Pioneering a biopsy procedure that has revolutionized the treatment of several forms of cancer.
- Offering life-enhancing treatment options for children with a rare form of cancer.
- Studying how statins (the drugs used to control cholesterol) affect cancer risk and cancer cell growth.
- Helping in the discovery of the inherited risk factors for breast cancer.
- Researching how to make cancer treatments more tolerable by reducing severe side effects.
- Developing cancer registries in Vermont for future outreach to the cancer community.
- Assessing and addressing the needs of cancer survivors.
Location & Facilities
The University of Vermont Cancer Center is an official administrative unit of the University of Vermont College of Medicine. Our physicians provide patient care through the University of Vermont Medical Center. The outstanding space provided to our clinicians and patients includes an Ambulatory Care Center, an Education and Conference Center, and a cancer center clinical facility which allows integrated, multidisciplinary services for cancer diagnosis, outpatient treatment, and post-treatment follow up in a single setting.
Last modified December 02 2016 09:22 AM