The University of Vermont Cancer Center will host a research poster session at the Women's Health and Cancer Conference. Undergraduates, master’s students, medical students, pre-docs, and post-docs from the University of Vermont and allied organizations (including Dartmouth and the University of Massachusetts) are invited to present posters on cancer-related research. This important event brings education and support to cancer survivors. As a researcher you will have the opportunity to meet with cancer survivors and introduce your research.
Instructions for Posters
The poster board assigned to each presenter will be 60 inches wide by 40 inches high. Each presentation should contain a top panel listing, the title of the abstract, the names of the authors, and the institutional affiliations. The lettering in the section should not be less than 1” high. A poster layout example is provided below.
All posters should be accompanied by a Poster Submission Form, which can be downloaded below. The deadline for poster submission is September 23, 2016.
We will assign a number to your abstract and pin or clip it on the poster board you are to use. Pins will be provided.
Keep in mind:
- The lettering should be at least large, bold type- all type needs to be legible from a distance.
- Keep illustrations and tables simple.
- Lines in graphs should be heavy. Symbols, letters, and numbers should be large enough to be seen from a distance of 6’. Use of color may help.
- Posters should be outputted on one piece of paper for ease of attachment.
- UVM Cancer Center members should include the UVM Cancer Center logo on their poster. A PowerPoint slide which contains this logo and which can serve as a template for posters can be found above.
- All shared resources should be properly credited in the text of the poster.
- Please submit posters and direct questions to Laura Broome.
Last modified July 18 2016 01:08 PM