The University of Vermont Cancer Center will host the annual Research Poster Session at the Women's Health and Breast Cancer Conference. Undergraduates, master’s students, medical students, pre-docs, and post-docs from the University of Vermont and allied organizations (including Dartmouth and the University of Massachusetts) are invited to present posters on cancer-related research. This important event brings education and support to cancer survivors. As a researcher you will have the opportunity to meet with cancer survivors and introduce your research.
Please have your poster up by 8:00 am on Friday, October 2nd. Time will be made available to set up your poster on Thursday, October 1st from 4:00 to 6:30 pm and on Friday, October 2nd from 7:00 to 8:00 am. When you enter the Sheraton Conference Center, go straight ahead to the registration table. Upon registering you will receive your conference packet, nametag and poster number; you may proceed to set up your poster for display in the Exhibits Hall.
Presenters are asked to stand by their posters from 8:00 am until 9:00 am to facilitate conversation with attendees about their research. You may also stand by your poster later in the day for discussion with attendees. Posters can be dismantled at 4:30 pm at the conclusion of the conference.
Please submit your confirmation to participate, using the form below, to Laura Broome at (802) 656-4414 or Laura.Broome@uvm.edu by September 18, 2015.
Click here to view these instructions in PDF format.
The poster board assigned to each presenter will be 60 inches wide by 40 inches high. Each presentation should contain a top panel listing, the title of the abstract, the names of the authors, and the institutional affiliations. The lettering in the section should not be less than 1” high.
All posters should be accompanied by a Poster Submission Form. The deadline for poster submission is September 18, 2015.
We will assign a number to your abstract and clip it on the poster board you are to use. Clips will be provided.
Keep in mind:
- The lettering should be at least large, bold type- all type needs to be legible from a distance.
- Keep illustrations and tables simple.
- Lines in graphs should be heavy. Symbols, letters, and numbers should be large enough to be seen from a distance of 6’. Use of color may help.
- Posters should be outputted on one piece of paper for ease of attachment.
- UVM Cancer Center members should include the UVM Cancer Center logo on their poster. The PowerPoint slide provided above contains this logo and can serve as a template for posters.
- All shared resources should be properly credited in the text of the poster.
- Poster submissions and questions should be directed to Laura Broome at (802) 656-4414 or Laura.Broome@uvm.edu.
Sample Poster Format:
Last modified August 21 2015 01:19 PM