This page has moved to here!
The VT LEND program has developed learning modules for several Autism screening tools as well as other instructional materials in an effort to create additional resources for the Autism support community in Vermont as well as the Autism support community at large. These resources can help train primary health care and community providers for children birth to 6 who use best practices in the screening and referral of children at risk for or suspected of having an ASD as well as the training and development of regional interdisciplinary, family-centered and culturally competent assessment teams who are implementing best practices in the differential diagnosis of children with ASD.
VT LEND Autism Grant Extension and Learning Resources
As a part of the VT LEND Grant Expansion, the program has designed the following learning modules for Autism Screening tools
- M-CHAT: The Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers - a 23-question parental survey for use by doctors or early interventionists
- GARS-2: The Gilliam Autism Rating Scale, Second Edition - a 3-section, 42-question norm-referenced screening form for teachers, parents and caregivers
- PDDST-II: The Pervasive Developmental Disorders Screening Test - Second Edition - a parental-report Autism screening tool for childhood development visits
- SCQ: The Social Communication Questionnaire - a 40-question parental report screening form which parallels the Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised
- CCC-2: Children's Communication Checklist
The VT LEND program has also developed some additional resources to aid practitioners who work with children with Autism or those about whom the practitioner might concerns for Autism or other developmental delays.
- How to approach a parent when there is a concern for developmental delay
- Having a dialogue with families prior to and following an Autism screening
- Supporting Somali Families to with a New Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Supporting Somali Families to Understand Developmental Screening
Annotated Bibliography with more information on Autism Resources
These annotated bibliographies were created as a part of the VT LEND Program. They provide article references and reviews on topics of interest to clinicians and parents.
- Early Identification and Screening (PDF)
- Joint Attention Training (PDF)
- Parent Training in ASD (PDF)
The 1 hour on-line tutorial: Childhood Hunger in Vermont: The Hidden Impacts on Health, Development and Wellbeing
Last modified May 01 2015 11:55 AM