Technical Assistance to a National Literacy Campaign
Technical Assistance to a National Literacy Campaign, also known as the Reach Out and Read program, promotes early literacy as part of pediatric primary care through the distribution of children's books and anticipatory guidance during early childhood. Reach Out and Read, in collaboration with VCHIP, has developed a set of Quality Improvement (QI) materials and tools designed for use by any provider whose clinic or practice hosts a Reach Out and Read Program. VCHIP provided consultation on the development, implementation and evaluation of a clinic-based QI model to improve the delivery of the Reach Out and Read Model.
- Provide expertise to Reach Out and Read staff to develop a training curriculum for a clinic-based QI initiative approved by the American Board of Pediatrics for Maintenance of Certification
- Provide consultation to implement and evaluate the Reach Out and Read QI Initiative
- Serve as a member of the Reach Out and Read National QI Advisory Council
- 40 primary care practices in Florida participated in the Reach Out and Read pilot project to develop and apply QI tools and techniques to improve promote early literacy in pediatric primary care
- 138 physicians have participated in the Maintenance of Certification QI project
Last modified June 30 2015 01:56 PM