Vermont Program for Evidence in Practice (VPEP)
VCCYF (Vermont Center for Children, Youth and Families) in partnership with the Integrated Family Services Division of the State of Vermont and VCHIP has created a ‘Center for Training in Evidence Based Approaches to Family Treatments’ with the goal of reducing childhood emotional and behavioral disorders. Trainings are offered to mental health clinicians located in Blueprint Patient Medical Homes, CMHC’s and FQHC’s.
- Increase awareness and commitment to the use of evidence based approaches by those who care for Medicaid eligible children and families in the State of Vermont.
- Train mental health clinicians providing services to Medicaid eligible children and families in two evidence based family treatment approaches in collaboration with the Integrated Family Services training plan.
- Provide ongoing supervision via tele-technology to the trainees and Blueprint providers.
- Conduct two, three-day training courses biannually in the Family Based Approach for family Wellness Coaches in collaboration with the Integrated Family Services training plan.
- Provide outcome data on the experience of these trainees.
- Trained 25 clinicians in evidence based parent training “Helping the Non-Compliant Child” developed by Rex Forehand and Robert McMahon.
- Trained 24 clinicians and supervisors in “Enhancing Children’s Cooperativeness and Family Relationships by Strengthening Parenting: Parent Management Training for Parents of Older Children and Adolescents” developed by Alan Kazdin.
- Provided bi weekly group supervision via tele-technology to support implementation of each curriculum.
Last modified July 23 2013 11:27 AM