Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB) Systems Integration Evaluation
The Vermont Department of Health (VDH) is the recipient of a 3-year grant from the MCHB.
VCHIP provided evaluation support to VDH’s Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) program with particular emphasis on their priority outcome areas: access to financing, an easily navigable system of care for families, and early developmental screening within a child’s Medical Home.
Tools and Resources
The over arching goal of this systems implementation grant is to transform the existing system of care for CYSHCN in Vermont into a system that:
- Serves the true population of children and families in need;
- assures access to services that reflect evidence-based, culturally effective practices;
- supports a delivery system in which primary care services, including early and continuous developmental screening, are provided in accordance with the Bright Futures Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents (3rd edition, 2007) in Medical Homes with appropriate and effective linkages to the system of specialty care;
- assures the best opportunities for access to adequate health care financing;
- operates within a community-based, coordinated, integrated system of care;
- supports youth as they transition to adulthood.
Last modified May 21 2012 02:35 PM