Child Psychiatric Phone and Email Consultation Program
The Vermont Center for Children, Youth and Families’ psychiatry clinicians are offering every Pediatrician and Family Practitioner in the state phone and e-mail consultation services. The goal of this program is to provide curbside phone and email consultation to assist in the management of children’s emotional and behavioral problems in primary care settings. Examples of these consultations include assisting in assessment, diagnosis, medication management and Family Wellness recommendations.
- Increase primary care providers’ access to expert child psychiatric consultation.
- Improve PCPs’ expertise in treating child psychiatric disorders.
- Increase PCP membership to the VCCYF primary care blog.
- Increase PCPs’ awareness of the Vermont Family Based Approach to child mental health treatment.
- 24 Vermont primary care offices have signed onto the consultation program.
- The VCCYF blog has been getting an average of 600 views a month.
Last modified December 10 2013 12:40 PM