Upcoming Trainings in the Vermont Family Based Approach
September 17-18 and 24-25, 2014: Family Wellness Coaching (FWC) training. (Session Full).
December 1-4, 2014: Family Wellness Coaching (FWC) training.
Description: The Family Wellness Coaching (FWC) training provides an introduction to the Vermont Family Based Approach (VFBA) and teaches basic skills of family wellness coaching. Training modules include:
- Introduction to the VFBA
- Motivational enhancement strategies
- Family-based assessment and feedback
- Family wellness (nutrition, exercise, reducing screen time and other health-promoting activities)
- Supporting good parenting across the developmental spectrum
- The basics of behavioral parent training
- Building FWC community resources
Requirements: A bachelor's degree or higher in a health or education-related field(s) and a passion for promoting family health and wellness.
Location: Burlington, VT (exact location TBD)
For more information and to register, please contact Dr. Masha Ivanova.
Last modified August 20 2014 12:21 PM