Below is a selection of recent publications from our lab. Here is a complete list of our publications.
- Molecular mechanisms underlying skeletal muscle weakness in human cancer: reduced myosin-actin cross-bridge formation and kinetics. Toth MJ, Miller MS, Callahan DM, Sweeny AS, Nunez I, Grunberg SM, Der-Torossian H, Couch ME, Dittus K. J Appl Physiol 114: 858-868, 2013.
- Myofilament protein alterations promote physical disability in aging and disease. Miller MS, Toth MJ. Exerc Sports Sci Rev 41: 93-99, 2013
- Skeletal muscle mitochondrial density, gene expression and enzyme activities in human heart failure. Toth MJ, Miller MS, Ward KA, Ades PA. J Appl Physiol 112: 1864-1874, 2012.
- Resistance training alters skeletal muscle structure and function in human heart failure: effects at the tissue, cellular and molecular levels. Toth MJ, Miller MS, VanBuren P, Bedrin NG, LeWinter, Ades PA, Palmer BM. J Physiol 590: 1164-1174, 2012.
- Effect of resistance training on physical disability in chronic heart failure. Savage P, Shaw AO, Miller MS, VanBuren P, LeWinter MM, Ades PA, Toth MJ. Med Sci Sports Exer 43: 1379-1386, 2011.
- Chronic heart faliure reduces Akt phosphorylation in human skeletal muscle: relationship to muscle size and function. Toth MJ, Ward K, van der Velden J, Miller MS, VanBuren P, LeWinter MM, Ades PA. J Appl Physiol 110: 892-900, 2011.
- Chronic heart failure decreases cross-bridge kinetics in single skeletal muscle fibers from humans. Miller MS, VanBuren P, LeWinter MM, Braddock J, Palmer BM, Maughan DW, Ades PA, Toth MJ. J Physiol 588: 4039-4053, 2010.
- Mechanisms underlying skeletal muscle weakness in human heart failure: alterations in single fiber myosin protein content and function. Miller MS, VanBuren P, LeWinter MM, Lecker SH, Selby DE, Palmer BM, Maughan DW, Ades PA, Toth MJ. Circ Heart Fail 2: 700-706, 2009.
- Skeletal muscle contractile protein function is preserved in human heart failure. Okada Y, Toth MJ, VanBuren P. J Appl Physiol 104: 952-957, 2008.
- Effect of age on skeletal muscle myofibrillar mRNA abundance: relationship to myosin heavy chain protein synthesis rate.Toth MJ, Tchernof A. Exp Gerontol 41: 1195-1200, 2006.
- Age-related differences in skeletal muscle protein synthesis: relationship to markers of immune activation.Toth MJ, Matthews DE, Tracy RP, Previs MJ. Am J Physiol 288: E883-E891, 2005.
- Skeletal muscle myofibrillar protein metabolism in heart failure: relationship to immune activation and functional capacity.Toth MJ, Matthews DE, Ades PA, Tischler MD, VanBuren P, Previs MJ, LeWinter MM. Am J Physiol 288: E685-E692, 2005.
Last modified June 17 2013 03:49 PM