The information below will guide you through the process of acquiring a computer.
Ordering Computers for use with COMIS
By following the steps you see below, you can order the computers through PeopleSoft to be placed at the Computer Depot. COMTS has chosen the minimum recommended hardware and works closely with the Depot to update these bundles on a regular basis.
If you have difficulty with understanding the instructions call our Service Center at 656-7300 for assistance.
How to Order
- Pick one of the COM-supported computers to order. COMTS Hardware Options are listed below.
- Go to PeopleSoft (PeopleSoft Log In)
- Follow the instructions for entering your order: PeopleSoft Instructions (PDF)
- COMTS will contact you to confirm the order. If there are additional instructions for the order, please let COMTS staff know at this time.
- Your order will be delivered to the COMTS offices. COMTS staff will contact the recipient to schedule a time for set up.
|How long will it take for my computer to be delivered?||It can take two or more weeks for the computer to arrive at the Computer Depot.||It will then take two or more weeks for COMTS to set it up and deliver it to the user.|
|Why does it take that long to get the computer?||The time frame is variable depending on other work in the COMTS offices and the supply chain of the Depot.||The time will lengthen during busier periods like end of fiscal year or because of additional work on the system requested by the user.|
|What if I want to order something different from the COMTS hardware recommendations list?||COMTS will not put its baseline image on a lesser machine than its recommended hardware.||However, if you want to upgrade the hardware that is listed, you may call the
Computer Depot to request a custom quote at 656-3067.
PeopleSoft Instructions for Custom Quotes (PDF)
|Who do I go to if I only need a computer component but not a computer?||For things like monitors, keyboards, mice or other Dell products, you can contact the Computer Depot directly.||Computer Depot: (802) 656-3067|
|How do I go about ordering a printer?||The University has a contract for copiers/printers with a local business.||Individual printers will not be supported by COMTS technicians. Network printers
are more energy-efficient and cost-effective.
The College of Medicine recommends Dell business machines for our computer standards. Dell Latitude for a laptop and Dell Optiplex for a desktop.
The current models are:
Optiplex 7020 Desktop is the model that we recommend.This is the standard business unit that can be configured with our baseline.
- Optiplex 7020 model is a standard business machine that has an Intel processor, DVD, 8 GB or ram, and a 4 year warranty.
The Latitude 5000 and E7250 laptops are the business models that we recommend. Other models that are available for us to configure with our baseline are the E6520 (15" LCD) and E6220 (12" LCD). The XT3 (tablet) and the 2110 (mini-notebook) are also business models that can be purchased for secondary machines. We would not configure these with the baseline configuration; nor would we redommend these for daily office use.
- 5440 model has a 14" LCD display, built in webcam, 500gb hybrid hardrive with 8 gbSSD, 8gb RAM, i5 processor and 4 year complete care warranty. This unit can be purchased with a full docking station setup for the convenience of removing the laptop without the need to unplug anything.
- E7250 model has a 12.5" LCD display, built in webcam, 256 gb SSD, 8gb RAM, i5 processor and a 4 year complete care warranty. This unit can be purchased with a full docking station setup for the convenience of removing the laptop without the need to unplug anything.
Last modified April 16 2015 03:53 PM