Changing Your Password
From Your COMIS Laptop
- If you have a College of Medicine laptop and your password
is about to expire, we recommend that you change your password from your laptop
instead of another computer, terminal server or through Outlook Web Access. If
you do not change your password from your laptop, your COMIS password will be
out of sync with the password cached on your laptop.
Here is what we recommend:
- Bring your laptop to the College of Medicine and connect to a network jack and log on as usual OR,
- If you are at home, connect to the internet and establish a VPN connection to the College of Medicine.
From the Terminal Server
- To change your password from within the Citrix client:
- Log on to the "Med Desktop".
- Click on the Start button (within the Citrix window).
- Click on Settings and then Windows Security.
- Click on Change Password.
- Enter your old password.
- Enter your new password twice.
- Click OK.
Your password must:
- Be at least 8 characters long.
- Contain at least 3 of the 4 following character classes:
- Lower case letters [a-z]
- Upper case letters [A-Z]
- Numbers [0-9]
- Symbols [!@#$%^&*()]
- NOT contain your username (i.e. if your username is jsmith, then Jsmith123 would not be a valid password).
- NOT contain your name
- NOT be one of the last 10 passwords you have used.
Last modified August 14 2013 12:34 PM