The PIH was founded in 2004, as a response to Vermont's growing interest and demand for Complementary and Integrative Medicine. In 2006, the PIH joined other academic health centers in the nationally recognized Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine.
Our mission is to foster and facilitate strong synergistic interdisciplinary and inter-professional collaboration in the academic study and clinical application of Integrative Medicine.
The members of the PIH represent a collaborative effort from UVM College of Nursing and Health Sciences, College of Medicine, The University of Vermont Medical Center, UVM Medical Group, and our community partner the Laura Mann Center for Integrative Health.
Senior leadership from UVM College of Nursing and Health Sciences (CNHS), College of Medicine (COM) the UVM Medical Center (UVMMC) and the Laura Mann Center (LMC) have a shared common interest in developing a robust Institute for Health and Healing at the University of Vermont. In April 2015 all parties agreed to collaborate to create an Institute for Health and Healing that will include:
- A clinical service arm that will emphasize optimizing patient satisfaction and quality of life scores
- The Laura Mann Integrative Health Lecture Series, bringing in well-known leaders who are successfully implementing integrative health programs
- A certificate program in Integrative Health for students, faculty and community members
- A professional peer-to-peer forum for community providers
- The Integrative Health Week to expose students to evidence-based integrative modalities
- A research arm that will investigate the impact of integrative health approaches on the health and wellbeing of our patients measured both qualitatively and quantitatively
- The Laura Mann online network of providers
With administrative leadership provided by the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, the new Institute for Health and Healing will incorporate the PIH, along with other innovative new services and partners.
We encourage our members to serve as expert academic resources for our colleagues in the use of evidence-based Integrative Health within our health care system. If you are intested in becoming a member please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified August 31 2015 09:37 AM