Message from the Chair
On behalf of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, I want to personally welcome you to the Department's website. I hope you find the information on these pages informative for both academic and clinical purposes. Our faculty, students and staff take pride in our efforts in the areas of education, research and patient care. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us through any of the corresponding links on our pages.
Claude E. Nichols, III, M.D.
Professor and Chair
Location & Facilities
Located in Burlington, the University of Vermont and teaching hospital partner Fletcher Allen Health Care serve as Vermont’s academic medical center. The Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation is located on the fourth floor of Stafford Hall on the University of Vermont Campus.
The Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation will combine excellence in teaching, research, and academic service, to inspire and train new experts and to maintain a leadership position in contributing new knowledge in this field. In achieving this, the Department will:
- participate in the educational mission of the University of Vermont by contributing orthopaedic and rehabilitation medicine expertise to undergraduate, graduate and medical students, postdoctoral and continuing medical education programs;
- provide an optimal environment and coordinate available resources for conducting research into prevention and treatment;
- provide academic service at local, national, and international levels by participating in University, professional, community, and governmental activities;
- support the mission of the Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Healthcare Service of Fletcher Allen Health Care by identifying and developing opportunities for collaborations between it and the Department;
- provide opportunities and encouragement for faculty, staff, residents, and students to advance their careers in this field;
- provide an environment supportive of teamwork, clear and open communication, and collaboration with other individuals and organizations; and,
- seek out and effectively manage resources to maintain a financially sound Department, in support of the Department mission.
Last modified August 15 2014 02:57 PM