The faculty members in the Hematology/Oncology Division maintain active clinical, translational, and epidemiology research programs.
- Coagulation and Cancer: Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.
Epidemiology / Public Health
- Thrombosis, Cardiovascular and Chronic Disease Epidemiology: Mary Cushman, M.D., M.Sc.; Neil Zakai, M.D., M.Sc.
- Breast Cancer Screening: Kim Dittus, M.D., Ph.D.; Marie Wood, M.D.
- Cancer Genetics: Marc Greenblatt, M.D.; Marie Wood, M.D.; Wendy McKinnon, M.S.
The Hematology/Oncology Division in alliance with the University of Vermont Cancer Center and The University of Vermont Medical Center lead and participate in clinical trials in our region and nationally. Clinical research includes treatment and prevention protocols and investigator-initiated, cooperative group, and industry trials.
- Breast: Marie Wood, M.D.; Kim Dittus, M.D., Ph.D.; Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.; Farrah Khan, M.D.
- Gastrointestinal: Steven Ades, M.D.; Marc Greenblatt, M.D.
- Genitourinary: Steven Ades, M.D.
- Gynecologic Oncology: Claire Verschraegen, M.D.
- Head and Neck: Claire Verschraegen, M.D.
- Leukemia: Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.; Julian Sprague, M.D., Ph.D.
- Lung: Farrah Khan, M.D., Edmund Folefac, M.D.
- Lymphoma: Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.; Julian Sprague, M.D., Ph.D.
- Nutrition and Exercise: Kim Dittus, M.D., Ph.D.; Patricia O'Brien, M.D.
- Rare Tumors: Claire Verschraegen, M.D.
- Sarcoma: Claire Verschraegen, M.D.
- Thrombosis: Steven Ades, M.D., Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.
Clinical Trials Cooperative Group Participation
- Alliance for Clinical Trials In Oncology (Alliance)
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP)
- Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG)
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG)
- Children's Oncology Group (COG)
Collaborations with researchers in other University of Vermont departments (including Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Psychology and Health Promotion) and with national and international colleagues increase available clinical and basic science projects. Biostatistical support is available through the University of Vermont Cancer Center.
Research activities carried out within the Division are supported by grants from the National Cancer Institute, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, the Department of Defense, the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, the Hemophilia and Thrombosis Research Society and industry collaborations
Last modified July 24 2015 02:32 PM