Department of Medicine
- Medical Student Education
- Internal Medicine Residency
- Graduate Medical Education
- Graduate Student Education
- Continuing Medical Education
Our faculty prides itself on excellence in teaching. With our energy, enthusiasm, and expertise in diverse aspects of digestive health and disease, we actively engage students and trainees in the classroom, in the clinic, and in research settings.
A vibrant conference schedule complements these experiences. Specific educational pathways, in addition to our Fellowship Program, are summarized below.
- Undergraduate Students: we encourage students to seek mentored opportunities with individual faculty members. See research for some of the major investigative themes we pursue;
- Medical Students: our educational programs span all levels of the Vermont Integrated Curriculum and include, in Foundations (lectures/seminars in Nutrition Metabolism and Gastrointestinal Disorders), in Clerkships (weekly specialty Teaching Attending conferences), in Advanced Integration (elective in Gastroenterology), and in Research electives;
- Medical Residents: all Internal Medicine residents participate in a one month elective in Gastroenterology, and they can elect to pursue a mentored project with individual faculty members to fulfill their research and scholarship requirements;
- Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows: interested individuals should visit our research page to learn about mentored or collaborative opportunities.
- Fellowship Training: the Gastroenterology & Hepatology fellowship program provides an exceptional learning environment for individuals with interests in patient care and clinical investigation in digestive disorders.
Last modified November 02 2012 02:35 PM