Our faculty are dedicated to reducing the incidence, morbidity, and mortality of heart and vascular diseases through improving prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Understanding the causes and consequences of cardiovascular disease, from the molecule to the patient, drives our research in a number of key areas.
Cardiovascular Research Programs
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Congenital Heart Disease and Pulmonary Hypertension
- Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism
- Electrophysiology (Heart Rhythm disorders)
- Gene Therapy
- Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy Research
- Interventional Cardiology
- Ischemic Heart Disease, Platelet Biology, Coagulation and Fibrinolysis
We are proud to have treated the first patient in the United States with intracoronary gene therapy and the first patient in the New England area with a paclitaxel coated stent.
Learn how our cardiologists are putting research findings into practice: Heart and Vascular Health at Fletcher Allen Health Care.
Last modified November 07 2013 10:24 AM