Sally Bliss, RN, MSB Appointed Ombudsperson
As part of our ongoing efforts to foster a culture of respect, Sally Bliss, RN, MSB, Clinical Ethicist at Fletcher Allen Health Care and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine, has been appointed as Ombudsperson for the College of Medicine. Ms. Bliss will report to the Dean and work closely and collaboratively with the Learning Environment and Professionalism Committee chaired by Dr. David Adams. As a nurse and bioethicist, Ms. Bliss is uniquely qualified to listen to medical student concerns in a neutral, safe and confidential environment, mediate conflicts and engage in unbiased diplomacy, and provide information and referrals to appropriate resources. Contact Ms. Bliss through the Confidential Reporting Form in COMET Tools.
Class of '15 Marks End of Foundations with Awards
On Monday, January 28, 2013, the College’s Class of 2015 marked their collective completion of Foundations with a reception and awards ceremony in the Health Science Research Facility's Hoehl Gallery. Associate Professor of Pediatrics Christa Zehle, M.D., delivered a welcome at her first Foundations Awards event since taking on the role of associate dean for student affairs in July 2012. Read more and view the photo gallery.
New Student Lockers at Fletcher Allen
New lockers have been installed at Fletcher Allen on Baird 2 for third- and fourth-year medical students. Watch your mailbox or contact Pam Barden for information!
Meet the Staff: Maranda Taylor
Maranda has been with the Office of Medical Student Education for over 5 years. Maranda has worked in a variety of roles in the office to support the curriculum and students. She is part of the three person team that supports the Foundations level. She is currently taking classes for her BS in Nutrition Food Science at UVM and will be graduating this May. If you have questions about the Foundations Level, please email Maranda or call 656-9739.
Follow the COM on Facebook
The College of Medicine now has a Facebook page! Follow us to find out about upcoming events, past events, COM in the news, student and faculty achievements, and milestones or post photos and tag your peers while you're in class or at events!
Western CT Health Network and Norwalk Hospital Sign Affiliation Agreement
Danbury Hospital is part of the Western Connecticut Health Network alongside New Milford Hospital. To bring to life their parallel missions of improving health care throughout Western Connecticut, Norwalk Hospital and the Western Connecticut Health Network took the next step to combine their strengths by signing the final agreement to affiliate. Read more >>
Extended Deadline for Diversity & Inclusion Survey - February 15th
The Diversity & Inclusion survey deadline has been extended to February 15th. Take the survey to help measure the goals and create new benchmarks for the program. If you have any questions, email Tiffany Delaney or call
Student Education Group Update
• Tablets will be given to 3rd year students starting Clerkships
• NEW Rolling White Boards for group studying in the Atrium Café
• Please clean your study space after you leave (i.e. take out what you take in)
• 2nd years completed the first group USMLE Step 1 Practice Exam at UVM COM
• Small groups now a source for narrative student feedback
• A & D SEG Rep is Sarah Johnson
More com news >>
- February 13: Weath and Poverty in Vermont: The Effect on Health Outcomes, Livak Ballroom
- February 13: Digital Health Revolution, 6:00 p.m., UVM Mount Mansfield Room, RSVP today!
- February 13: Financial Wellness -Tax Planning Seminar (PDF), 4:30 p.m., Carpenter Auditorium
- February 15: Dining with the Deans, 12:00 p.m.
- February 28: AHEC Summer Opportunities for 2013, 11:30 a.m., MedEd 201
- March 12: Global Health Evening
- March 14: Student Clinician Ceremony, 3:00 p.m.
- March 15: 2013 Match Day Ceremony, 11:45 a.m.
- Grand Rounds Schedule
- Fletcher Allen Calendar of Events
- UVM Student Events
Student Financial Services Given Courtyard N-125
T & TH: 9am-4:30pm
For appointments on M,W,F
in 223 Waterman,
call 802-656-9203 or
what to do:
st. mary's wpb
Miss an issue?
View the archives.