OB/Gyn Clerkship: Feedback Matters
In the last 18 months, Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkship has undergone a transformation, based on student feedback and forward-thinking faculty. As we transitioned to our new clerkship structure in 2011, a careful analysis of student outcome data, evaluation data from the Class of 2013 and targeted focus groups revealed that the Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkship was in need of an overhaul. Read more...
Student Study Area in Dana Library
To end the limited study space for medical and health science students, Dana library has established a reserved medical and graduate student study area. The area contains 26 table seats and six lounge chairs and it's located in the front side south end of the Library. Medical and graduate students in College of Medicine and College of Nursing and Health Sciences programs are welcome to study in this area.
Please feel free to give the Library your feedback concerning the new Med/Grad Study space.
Meet the Staff: Melissa Long
Melissa Long is the Registrar / Data Management Specialist in the Office of Medical Student Education. Melissa has an Associate’s degree in Liberal Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences from Cayuga County Community College in NY, a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from SUNY Oswego, and a Computer Software Specialist Certificate from Burlington College. She brings 17 years of experience working at Burlington College where she was most recently the Director of Institutional Research and Planning. Her experience and her familiarity with academic records, data collection, accreditation, and federal, state, and institutional regulations will be a valuable resource. Melissa can be reached by email or at 656-0772.
The Red Wheelbarrow Submissions Now Open
The Red Wheelbarrow is up and running again and looking for submissions. Submissions related to the medical humanities and of all ideas and creative endeavors outside the scope of medical humanities are welcome. Please email the Red Wheelbarrow with your name, e-mail address and class year in the subject line. The deadline for submissions is January 31st, 2013. If you have questions or would like to get involved, please let us know.
Sandy Hook Effort Beats Goal
UVM's effort to support the Sandy Hook school following the tragedy that occurred in mid December far exceeded the $500 goal. Students, faculty, and staff collaboratively raised over $1,000 to help the community of Newtown, CT during this difficult time. Thank you to all who participated in this effort.
Student Education Group Update
• Attacks & Defenses Course Representative: Please email Sarah Johnson with any comments, feedback or ideas.
• SEG is working hard to create more group study space & clarify available study space! Contact Ben Clements for more information.
• Student satisfaction in clerkship year improves significantly with “Expectations Checklist”.
• Small groups now a source of narrative feedback for students!
• New Exam Review system experienced for 1st time. Send feedback to Emily Keller.
• SEG is working with new OME statistician Alison Howe to redesign course evaluations. Contact Jenna Arruda for more information.
Eastern Maine Medical Center is the First in the State to Open a Dedicated Breast Surgical Practice
Mainers facing breast cancer have a new option for this new year as EMMC opened the state’s first dedicated breast surgical practice on January 2, 2013. Read more...
More com news >>
- January 23: Public Health Projects Poster Session, 4:00 p.m., Hoehl Gallery
- January 23: Discussion with the Deans (Open forum), 4:00 p.m., MedEd 200
- January 24: Global Heatlh Series III (PDF), 5:00 p.m., Sullivan Classroom
- January 28: Class of 2015 Foundations Awards Celebration (PDF), 3:00 p.m., Hoehl Gallery
- February 13: Financial Wellness - Diagnose Your Financial Health (PDF), 4:30 p.m., Carpenter Auditorium
- February 15: Dining with the Deans, 12:00 p.m. (invitation will be sent in early February)
- March 14: Student Clinician Ceremony, 3:00 p.m.
- March 15: 2013 Match Day Ceremony, 11:45 a.m.
- Grand Rounds Schedule
- Fletcher Allen Calendar of Events
- UVM Student Events
Student Financial Services Given Courtyard N-125
T & TH: 9am-4:30pm
For appointments on M,W,F
in 223 Waterman,
call 802-656-9203 or
what to do:
st. mary's wpb
Miss an issue?
View the archives.