Financial Services for Medical Students
Our services for students begin with prospective students and continue on to help our alumni as they enter their residencies and beyond. We advise students on various aspects such as financing their medical education, debt management matters, and financial literacy. This includes:
- Entrance Loan Counseling
- Creating and maintaining a personal budget to cover living expenses while enrolled
- Assistance with the organization and tracking of student loans using AAMC Medloans Organizer and NSLDS.
- Information on service based scholarship programs
- Mini workshops on tax preparation, building strong credit and avoiding identity theft
- Personalized one-on-one loan and debt counseling prior to graduation
- And more (see additional links to the right, within the Resources box)
It is our goal that students are aware of the financial tools available to help with financial well being during medical school and beyond.
The University of Vermont Student Financial Services department is located in the Waterman building on main campus. However, we are excited to provide a full-time satellite office within the College of Medicine to better serve the medical student population.
The Medical Student Financial Services Coordinator is located within the Office of Medical Student Education on the first floor of the Courtyard at Given. Appointments are available by request (please use the contact information below) or you may drop-in between 8am and 4pm on Tuesdays or Thursdays when appointments are not necessary.
Phone: (802) 656-9203
Fax: (802) 656-4076
Mailing Address: 89 Beaumont Ave, Suite N100, Burlington VT 05405
Last modified November 13 2014 09:35 AM