If you are having trouble viewing this email, view it on our website
Office of Medical Student Education Enewsletter
october 15, 2012 - vol. 1, issue 3
Below: COM Cares Day, October 6th, 2012
Smart, Satisfied, Successful
- Entering student GPA is on the rise; highest ever at 3.73 for the entering Class of 2016
- Eighth most selective medical school in the nation. Accepting just 3.7% of applicants, UVM ranks ahead of UCLA, UCSF and Harvard.
- 95% of all UVM medical students are satisfied with the overall quality of the curriculum
- 100% of UVM graduating students reported they had the communications skills necessary to interact with patients and health professionals
- UVM graduating students rank in the top tier nationally for mean number of research publications, at 4.1
- 97% of UVM students in the NRMP matched, placing UVM at the 75th percentile nationally
- Residency program directors nationwide value our graduates in the areas of curriculum competency and clinical preparedness for residency training
- For years, UVM has ranked at or near the top of list for percentage of alumni who give back to their alma mater
Top 5 Financial Aid Tips for Medical Students
Controlling educational cost lowers entry barriers to medical school and enables graduating students to focus on their optimum career choice unburdened by repayment worries. In an era characterized by uncertainty over medical care financing, it is increasingly important to be proactive to ensure that medical school graduates can comfortably repay the investment they made in their education.
Class of 2015's Hendrix Participates in NIH Diabetes Research Program
Second-year University of Vermont medical student Ryan Hendrix was one of 115 medical students from 57 medical schools selected to participate in the 2012 National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) Medical Student Research Program in Diabetes. More than 600 medical students from 114 schools applied to the Program.
More com news >>
- October 20: White Coat Ceremony and Family Day. Learn more.
- October 27: Halloween Celebration, 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 am, Billings Lounge. Contact Student Affairs for more information.
- December 1: Winter Soiree, 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center. Contact Student Affairs for more information.
- December 10-13: LCME Mock Site Visit
- Grand Rounds Schedule
- Fletcher Allen Calendar of Events
- UVM Student Events
what to do:
st. mary's wpb
Miss an issue?
View the archives.
Last modified October 30 2012 10:33 AM