- Medical Student Education
Telephone: (802) 656-0722
Orientation to the UVM College of Medicine
August 11 - 15, 2014
Orientation is a credit-bearing course and your attendance is mandatory. Classes will begin on Monday, August, 11 at 8:00 a.m. It is essential that you be present for the entire Orientation.
As a first-year student, we expect you to:
- Pay attention to all university requirements and fee deadlines
- Attend Orientation
- Get involved
- Seek assistance
You will be required to complete many tasks prior to orientation. Let's get started.
Review the Following as they become available....
- Letter from the Office of Medical Student Education
- Orientation Schedule (tentative)
- Academic Calendar
- Textbook List
- Review Medical Student Handbook Review the handbook before you arrive on August 11. You will required to sign an electronic statement which will be recorded in your student records stating you have read the handbook and agree to abide by the rules and regulations.
Incoming Student Checklist
Below is a quick overview of information you will need to provide prior to orientation and beyond:
Complete the following prior to Orientation
- Immunization Form - This form will verify current vaccination documentation. Please ask your physician to complete this form and forward it to you so you may confirm that it is complete and include any accompanying documents (lab work). If there are any omissions your form will be considered incomplete and returned to you. Faxes are not accepted. Please note that you will not be able to participate in Orientation if you have not completed the immunization requirements (or have a clear plan on how you will meet the requirements) and submitted the form to the UVM Student Health Center.
- RSVP Orientation Events - Review and RSVP for the events that are taking during the week. RSVP Deadline by Completion date TBD
- Myers Briggs Test -Completion date TBD. Please note that you must activate your UVM Net ID to establish your UVM email account (see instructions via the Online Applicant Center - https://www.med.uvm.edu/applicantcenter/LogonHandler.aspx?LoginID= ). Once your UVM account is activated, follow the attached instructions to complete the online test.
- Little/Big Sib Questionnaire - Deadline Completion date TBD
- AAMC Matriculating Student Questionnaire - The 2012 MSQ is now open! If you are eligible to participate in the MSQ, you will receive a survey link via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete online before Orientation.
- Student Health Insurance - Review and submit the Insurance Decision Form. Health insurance coverage is mandatory for UVM students. If you have any questions, please contact (802) 656-0602.
- Medical Development and Alumni Relations Office Biographic Information Page - If you haven't already, please read the letter from the Alumni Relations Office. They provide more information on completing your biographic page. .
- Parking Permits Students must obtain parking permits from UVM Transportation & Parking if you plan to have a vehicle on campus. You must obtain your parking permit prior to Orientation.
- Student Financial Services Budget - Student Financial Services – please review the following documents which are designed to assist you with planning your budget. Please make sure that you have completed your Budget Worksheet as it is mandatory that you turn this in during the Student Financial Services Sessions at Orientation.
RemindersMultiple acceptance deadline: Please note that the deadline for those holding multiple acceptances to select one school and release all others is Monday, May 15th. In order to receive a refund of your enrollment deposit, we must receive your request to withdraw no later than that date. For more information, please review the Admitted Applicant Responsibilities (pdf)
Background Check: Your acceptance is provisional until you have completed and released the results of a criminal background check. More information about the background check is available here.
Final Transcripts: Please send a copy of your final transcript showing all degrees conferred to the admissions office (address below). We must receive your transcripts prior to matriculation.
University of Vermont College of Medicine
Office of Admissions - 2017 Transcripts
The Courtyard at Given, S100
89 Beaumont Avenue
Burlington, VT 05405
Activate your NetID and check your UVM e-mail account frequently Instructions and log-in information can be found here.
FERPA - The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. More information is provided on the University of Vermont web page.
We know that as you prepare for school you will have many questions---from housing concerns to financial aid, to preparing to get settled in Vermont. Please do not hesitate to contact us so we can assist you! For specific concerns please feel free to contact the following:
Student Health Office / 802.656.0600
Health Insurance Questions
Margaret Johnson - Student Health Office / 802.656.0602
Transcripts, Housing, Area Information
Shona Sladyk - Admissions / 802.656.2154
Cary Jewkes - Admissions / 802.626.9292
Tiffany Delaney - Admissions / 802.656.2267
Barbara Brisson, Coordinator of Events & Student Activities / 802.656.0757
Last modified September 11 2013 12:24 PM