Welcome Class of 2018!
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
We want to congratulate you on your admission to the Class of 2018 and wish you a happy and successful four years here. This is a wonderful medical school with an excellent faculty and students who are both talented and congenial. We all welcome you as colleagues!
Welcome letter from the Associate Dean for Students
Starting medical school is a very exciting time and we at the Office of Medical Student Education strive to provide a quality orientation program that gets you familiar with our campus and with our community.
Orientation is a five-day program required of all new students. This program has been planned for you and your classmates for Monday, August 11th through Friday, August 15th. Registration begins at 8:00 am on Monday. Please be sure to check this web page for any updates for your class.
By participating in Orientation we hope you will:
- Become acquainted with each other and with some students from classes ahead of you
- Meet many of the faculty and staff
- Become more familiar with the curriculum
- Learn about important campus resources available to you
- Develop an understanding your college's academic expectations
- Learn more about financial services
- Provide you with the technology and training to be successful
- Become familiar with the University Student Learning and Development Outcomes
- Have fun!
As you prepare to join us in August, we suggest you visit our web site frequently for updates throughout the summer months. All information and forms you will need to prepare for school are found on the Getting Ready for Orientation page. We will also contact you periodically via email with important updates so be sure to check your UVM e-mail regularly.
Last modified February 24 2014 03:35 PM