VCC Breast Cancer Conference Focuses on Healthy Lifestyles for Breast and Heart
Each year, hundreds of Vermont cancer survivors, healthcare providers, caregivers and community members attend the Annual Breast Cancer Conference, presented by the Vermont Cancer Center at the University of Vermont and Fletcher Allen Health Care.
The 2013 Vermont Breast Cancer Conference (9-13-2013)
Across the Fence produced by University of Vermont Extension discusses the 16th Annual Breast Cancer Conference.
Cushman Study Shows Small Lifestyle Changes May Have Big Impact on Reducing Stroke Risk (6-16-2013)
Making small lifestyle changes could reduce your risk of having a stroke, according to a new study published as a Rapid Access Journal Report in the American Heart Association (AHA) journal Stroke.
Fitness at 50 Linked to Less Cancer Risk (5-16-2013)
For middle-age men, good physical fitness reduces the risk of lung and colorectal cancer. And if men who are fit in their 50s do develop those cancers, as well as prostate cancer, the risk of dying appears to be lower, according to Susan Lakoski, MD, of the University of Vermont in Burlington, and colleagues.
HEART MONTH: Cushman Links Research on Lifestyle Improvements and AHA Advocacy (2-22-2013)
In the past ten years, improvements have been achieved in the prevalence of ideal levels of smoking, blood pressure, and cholesterol and declines in ideal rates of body mass index and fasting glucose, according to the American Heart Association (AHA).
Cushman Comments on Hillary Clinton’s Cerebral Blood Clot (1-7-2013)
Internationally-recognized for her expertise in the field of thrombosis – blood clots – and cardiovascular risk factors, University of Vermont Professor of Medicine Mary Cushman, M.D., M.Sc., was quoted in a recent CNN.com article about the brain blood clot suffered by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in December 2012.
- Vermont Medicine featured the work of Russell Tracy, Ph.D. (2012)
- Cushman and Lakoski Represent AHA at Brazilian Cardiology Society Prevention Congress (12-14-2012)
- Cushman Study Shows Small Lifestyle Changes May Reduce Risk of Death (11-16-2011)
- Zakai Study Examines Condition that Sidelined Serena Williams (3-24-3011)
- Cushman Receives AHA 2011 Crystal Heart Award (2-22-2011)
- College Celebrates Cardiovascular Research during Heart Month (2-1-2011)
- Cushman AHA Presentation Highlights Life's Simple 7 Health Factors (11-22-2010)
- Cushman Co-Authors Aspirin and Diabetes Statement (7-9-2010)
- Zakai Plays Lead Role in Nature Genetics Publication (10-15-2009)
- Tracy and Budd Named University Scholars (4-29-2009)
- Tracy Co-authors JAMA Ginkgo Memory Study (11-24-2008)
Last modified October 21 2013 12:01 PM