Department of Family Medicine
Cichoskikelly, Eileen, PhD
- University of Vermont College of Medicine Office of Admissions: Assessment and Advancement of Humanism in Medical School Admissions and Beyond. Arnold P. Gold Foundation Grant. 07/01/09 – 06/30/2011.
Flynn, Brian, ScD
- Special Research Grant for Child Obesity and Nutrition. Co-investigator with J Harvey-Berino as PI. Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 9/03-9/11.
- Seasonal Impacts on Bicycle Transportation. Principal Investigator. UVM Transportation Research Center/USDOT, 07/01/07 – 06/30/11.
- “Simple Visual Natural Frequency-Based Shared Decision-Making Aids for Patient and Physician in the Pre-diabetes Office Visit.” Brian Flynn, Sc.D., John G. King, MD, MPH. American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation (AAFP/F) and the Research Committee (RC)Joint Grant Awards Program (JGAP).
Geller, Berta, EdD
- Improving Breast Cancer Outcomes for Older Women Through Effective Use of Screening Mammography. Co-investigator with Pamela Vacek as principal investigator. We will study the relationship of co-morbidity, treatment and mortality to screening benefit using Medicare and VBCSS data. Susan Komen Foundation. September 2009- September 2011.
- Accuracy of Breast Pathology and the Impact of Technology & Double Reading. Co-investigator working with principal investigators, Drs. Donald Weaver (UVM) and Joann Elmore (University of Washington). We will evaluate the extent of variability, its sources and its impact on women undergoing breast biopsy and also evaluate possible techniques to improve accuracy, such as digital transmission of slide images and double reading. National Cancer Institute, 09-14.
- Comparative Effectiveness of Breast Imaging Strategies in Community Practice. Co-principal investigator. The overall goal of this project is to conduct comparative effectiveness research on breast cancer imaging modalities and strategies to inform evidence gaps on how to optimize breast cancer screening in community practice. ARRA Grand Opportunity grant, National Cancer Institute, 09-11.
Kessler, Rodger, PhD
- AHRQ R-24 CoNNECT. Co-investigator with B Miller PI. This grant is to conduct a multisite comparative effecitveness study to evaluate the effectiveness of integrating behavioral health into primary care sites.
- PCMHC. Survey of Mental Health in NCQA Patient Centered Medical Homes, this project will establish a national baseline of current mental health activities in NCQA certified practices. Kessler Rodger PI.
- DVHA. Research into the mental health and substance abuse workforce. This project investigates current status and future needs for mental health professionals in Vermont to practice in Prmary Care Practices. Kessler Rodger PI.
King, John, MD, MPH
- Residency Training in Primary Care. Additional Investigators: Monica Romanko, MD; Michael Sirois, MD; David Little, MD. Family Medicine Residency Training in High Quality, Accessible Rural Primary Care Health: HRSA Primary Care Residency Training Grant. Funded by: Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) (Year July 2007-June 2011).
- “Simple Visual Natural Frequency-Based Shared Decision-Making Aids for Patient and Physician in the Pre-diabetes Office Visit.” John G. King, MD, MPH, Brian Flynn, Sc.D. American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation (AAFP/F) and the Research Committee (RC)Joint Grant Awards Program (JGAP).
Seagrave, Martha, PA-C
- Student/Resident Experiences and Rotations in Community Health (SEARCH) Program, “VT SEARCH Program”, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), 9/2009-8/2012, co-investigator.
Last modified July 08 2011 02:25 PM