UVM Martin Luther King, Jr. Health Equity Lectures
- 2016 Health Equity Lecture, "Achieving Health Equity: Tools for a National Campaign Against Racism" - Camara P. Jones, M.D., Ph.D, M.P.H., President, American Public Health Association
- 2015 Health Equity Lecture, Geography, HIV/AIDS and the War on Drugs in Black Chicago - Rashad Shabbazz, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Geography, UVM
- 2014 Health Equity Lecture, Creating Health Equity: Social Justice, Human Rights, and the Social Determinants of Health Adewale Troutman, M.D., M.P.H., M.A., C.P.H, Past President, American Public Health Association
Imbasciani DiSalvo LGBTQ Health Equity Lecture
- 2015 Imbasciani/DiSalvo LGBTQ Health Equity Lecture, "Half Way Home: LGBT Health in 2015 - A. Evan Eyler, M.D.,M.P.H., Associate Professor of Psychiatry, UVM College of Medicine
- 2014 Inaugural Health Equity Lecture, "It's A Rainbow World: Caring for a Diverse Population" - Vito Imbasciani, Ph.D., M.D.'85
Stereotype Threat in Medicine
- 2015 Mud Season Retreat, "Stereotype Threat in Medicine" - Sunny Nakae, Ph.D.
Dr. Nakae aims to educate and raise awareness learning about stereotype threat and its impact on learners and professionals in campus and healthcare settings.
Social Justice in Medicine
- Social Justice in Medicine Lecture, "The Bullet is the Pathogen: Closing the Revolving Door of Violence" - Rochelle Dicker, M.D., Director, Wrap Around Project.
UVM COM Alumn Rochelle Dicker, MD, discusses the San Francisco Wraparound Project, whose mission is to stop the revolving door of violent injuries. Wraparound, together with other community-based organizations, has successfully helped reduce the rate of violent injury.
Last modified February 24 2016 10:20 AM