The Clinical Neuroscience Research Unit & Brain Imaging Program is part of the Department of Psychiatry at the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont and Fletcher Allen Health Care. We study biological and psychological mechanisms which underlie changes that occur in cognitive functioning associated with development and aging. We use advanced methodologies, including MRI, to understand how brain systems are altered in health and disease. We utilize Functional Brain Imaging Program in the Department of Psychiatry and the University of Vermont MRI Center for Biomedical Imaging. Our research areas include:
- Chronic pain and the effects of treatments including cognitive behavioral therapy and medications on brain structure and functioning.
- Disorders that have a behavioral and cognitive component, such as Parkinson's disease and ADHD.
- Sex hormones and neurotransmitter influences on brain function, with particular regard to post-menopausal women.
Links of Interest
Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association
Very extensive page with information ranging from general information to legal issues and career challenges.
- NIMH- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Provides information on understanding the illness, getting treatment and prognosis.
- PDF - Parkinson's Disease Foundation
General information about the disease, treatment, support, research etc.
- The National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
Information regarding a number of related issues surrounding Parkinson's including frequently asked questions, multi media library of references, articles, and links to research studies.
- Parkinson's Disease Caregiver's Information
Wide variety of information and resources aimed to aid future or current caregivers.
- Parkinson's Disease- Hope Through Research
Extensive information about general understanding of the illness, current research, diagnosis procedures, symptoms etc.
- National Depressive and Manic Depressive Association
Information about all different forms of depression and related issues, risk factors, and support.
- Psychology Information Online- Depression
Information regarding different forms of depression, treatment, diagnosis etc.
- All About Depression
Basic information about nature of depression, forms of treatment, medications, and special topics.
- The Estrogen Dilemma
A New York Times article by Cynthia Gorney.
Last modified September 26 2016 09:50 AM