This page has moved to here!
2013 Neurology for the Non-Neurologist
October 25, 2013
North Conway Grand Hotel, North Conway, New Hampshire
The 2013 Conference was a success! Please join us on October 24, 2014 at The Essex in Essex Junction, VT.
The Neurology for the Non-Neurologist conference is designed to offer the most up-to-date information for primary care as they are often the first health care professionals to encounter a neurological problem. The conference is designed to teach the non-neurologist how to diagnose common neurological disorders, order appropriate diagnostic studies and provide a guide for therapy and appropriate patient care.
Primary care physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other medical professionals with an interest in neurology are encouraged to attend.
Exhibitors will be present at this conference.
- Recognize key neurological consequences of sports injuries.
- Differentiate symptoms of central and peripheral vertigo.
- Determine diagnostic criteria for dementia in the primary care setting.
- Describe key factors in the initial evaluation and treatment of pediatric epilepsy.
- Identify migraine types using the international classification of headache and determine appropriate treatments.
- Discuss risks and benefits of various herbal and nonpharmacologic treatments used in neurological conditions.
- Evaluate current recommendations in stroke treatment.
The University of Vermont College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Vermont College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
This program has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 6 Nursing Contact Hours.*
*The University of Vermont Continuing Medical Education (VSNA Provider #: 10-10-
009PR, 02/1/14) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Vermont State Nurses Association, Inc. Committee on Education, an accredited approver by theAmerican Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Fee includes all course materials and breakfast and breaks.
Please click here to register.
Last modified August 03 2016 03:50 PM