FAMILY MEDICINE REVIEW COURSE
June 11-14, 2013
Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
The 2013 Family Medicine Review Course was HUGE success!
Join us next year: June 10-13, 2014
This intensive four-day program for family physicians, nurses, and other primary care professionals will focus on current issues in the practice of family medicine, with special attention to new contributions. Emphasis is on practical, clinically applicable diagnostic and management issues in primary care. The course faculty is drawn from multiple specialties, including Family Medicine. The teaching program includes lectures, workshops and extensive printed materials.
After attending this conference, participants should be able to:
1. Review common eye issues in the office, skin disorders, screening for breast cancer and prostate cancer, food allergies and management of the solitary thyroid nodule.
2. Describe the current recommendations for treating diabetes in children and adolescents, common pediatric rheumatologic conditions, and an update on newborn medicine.
3. Review the current recommendations and updates for managing patients with diabetes, pulmonary hypertension, cardiomyopathies, and asthma.
4. Describe the current recommendations for diagnosis and management of herpes infections, pelvic congestion syndrome, low testosterone, bipolar disorder, and polymyalgia rheumatica.
5. Discuss the challenges of treatment for hypertension, anxiety disorders, c.difficile, opioid prescribing and palliative care.
The University of Vermont College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Vermont designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
This program has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 22.5 Nursing Contact Hours. (Expiration: 6/11/15)
*The University of Vermont Office of Continuing Medical Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Vermont State Nurses’ Association, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
$575.00 Physicians (postmarked by May 1)
$375.00 Other Health Professionals (postmarked by May 1)
Registrations received after May 1 subject to a $75 late fee.
Last modified February 19 2014 11:24 AM