About The Office of Clinical Research Trials
The College of Medicine established the Office of Clinical Trials Research to help the general public and patients in their search for clinical trials information, to assist Principal Investigators with the business aspects of clinical research, and to attract more important research work to the university.
The major goals for the Office of Clinical Trials Research are:
- Support faculty members involved in clinical trials research by providing a variety of administrative and clinical infrastructure support services.
- Frame the policy and operating issues surrounding clinical trials.
- Develop a financial framework that supports the work of the organization and maximizes support to the clinical investigators.
- Work in collaboration with the University Office of Sponsored Project Administration and The University of Vermont Medical Center to assure the smooth and compliant functioning of trials.
- Look for and promote additional opportunities to develop related research and business activity to promote the success of the College and its faculty.
- Work in collaboration with the IRB and other offices to establish educational programs and support to clinical faculty members and chairs responsible for undertaking the trials.
Last modified November 17 2014 11:48 AM