Affiliate Membership Application
The Center on Aging (COA) would like to invite you to join us in our mission to serve the aging population in Vermont through research and development of programs; and partnership with The University of Vermont Medical Center, our community, and state government. As an affiliate of the COA you will become a part of the growing body of Vermonters whose interest in aging will help to further programs and research that will impact the quality of aging in Vermont.
Benefits to Affiliate Members
- Interact in an environment that will support and foster interdisciplinary research and education in aging;
- Institutional membership in AGHE (Association of Gerontology in Higher Education);
- Provide administrative and some statistical support for Center-related grant submissions;
- Assistance in recruitment of subjects for research;
- Opportunity for interview on Across the Fence during the monthly Center on Aging show;
- Access to community members, providers, and state leaders through the Center’s vast network of alliances;
- Opportunity to be featured in an article in the Center’s quarterly newsletter;
- Email alerts of events, education and programs regarding aging in Vermont.
Expectations of Members
- Actively support and participate in Center-sponsored events;
- Engage in discussion regarding the creation of new, collaborative research and education programs;
- Provide information concerning aging-related publications, research grants, and research training activities to the Center on an annual basis;
- Identify Center affiliate membership status in publications and research presentations.
The membership categories are:
- Affiliated Faculty
- Affiliated Staff
- Affiliated Student
- Affiliated Community Member
Affiliate Membership - Application Process
Affiliate membership is open to University of Vermont faculty, staff and students. It is also open to Vermont community members
- Submit a letter requesting membership.
- The letter should briefly outline your research, academic interest or other interests in aging
- Please include your email address
- For Faculty Affiliates
- Include at the end of the letter a signature line for your Department Chair or Dean below the statement “I acknowledge and support [insert name]’s request for affiliate membership in the Center on Aging at the University of Vermont.” Obtain this signature before submitting the letter.
- Membership requests will be reviewed by the Center’s Staff. You will be contacted annually to ask if you would like your membership renewed.
Send your letter to Janet Nunziata.
Last modified April 09 2015 03:08 PM