Support the Team
To Support the Team:
- Bring a Check made out to "Steps to Wellness" to the Development & Alumni Relations office, Given Courtyard South, 1st floor.
- Support the team or a specific runner: Give Online.
Questions? Contact Jim Gilbert
UVM College of Medicine Marathon Team
On Sunday, May 26, 2013 The University of Vermont College of Medicine Marathon Team will be running the Keybank Vermont City Marathon to raise funds and awareness for the Steps To Wellness Program at the Vermont Cancer Center.
STEPS TO WELLNESS:
Helps cancer survivors maintain function during initial oncology therapy and provides a pathway toward improved fitness and quality of life after initial therapy. The program includes a physical therapy evaluation, medical assessment, individualized exercise prescription, education, and the collection of physiological and psychological measures to evaluate and improve the program. This research will enhance understanding of the potential benefits of rehabilitation for cancer survivors.
- Founded in 2007 by graduates, Dave Diller, M.D.'11 & Matt Meyer, M.D.'11.
- Raised over $130,000 for the College since 2007!
- In 2011, Jonathan Severy, M.D.'11 and Megan Malgieri, M.D.'12 were the first Vermont Man & Vermont Woman to cross the finish line!
- Supported Pediatric Cancer Research from 2008 - 2011.
- The Team began supporting Steps to Wellness in 2012.
"Our Mission is to promote unity and wellness amongst our class while engaging friends, family and community members in support of 'Steps To Wellnes', a cancer patient rehabilitation and research program that is happening right here in Vermont in the Vermont Cancer Center at the UVM College of Medicine."
Last modified May 23 2013 10:49 AM