This page has moved to here!
Health Professions Students & Residents
The Vermont AHEC Program supports students and residents in a variety of ways, including:
- Regularly updated profiles for Vermont’s 14 counties, to assist those who do rotations or community-based projects in those counties
- Community-based housing for those doing rotations or projects at least 25 miles from the Burlington campus
- The Spotlight on Primary Care series each academic year which educates medical students and residents about various topics that relate to primary care practice
- Vermont AHEC Health Care Workforce Recruitment and Networking Day each fall at the UVM College of Medicine, which fosters connections between health care organizations and health professions students, residents and fellows
- Community-based Projects for medical, nurse practitioner, and other graduate-level health professions students
- Summer counselor positions to staff MedQuest and Advanced MedQuest health careers exploration programs for Vermont high school students
- Physician Placement Services for residents and fellows seeking to practice in Vermont
- Educational Loan Repayment Program for Healthcare Professionals.
To learn more about these programs, contact the regional AHEC:
Champlain Valley AHEC
Franklin, Chittenden, Grand Isle, Addison Counties
Northeastern Vermont AHEC
Essex, Orleans, Lamoille, Caledonia, Washington and Orange Counties
Southern Vermont AHEC
Rutland, Bennington, Windham and Windsor Counties.
Last modified August 12 2016 01:34 PM