Explore Health Careers
Vermont AHEC encourages young people and career-changers to consider health care for a rewarding, in-demand career. To learn more, AHEC can help in these ways:
October is Health Care Career Awareness Month in Vermont!
Each year, Vermont AHEC and its partners develop a series of events to highlight health care career options in Vermont and the U.S. AHEC offers a Toolkit of activities for teachers to use in supporting student exploration of health care careers. It is available at www.vthealthcareers.org. This month-long observance was passed into Vermont law by the state Legislature in May 2010.
Explore Health Care Careers Online
AHEC maintains a Vermont-specific web site that helps students/career-changers learn about health careers and educational pathways: www.vthealthcareers.org. Learn about opportunities for jobs that offer respect, appreciation and great pay.
Job Shadow, Summer Learning, Classroom Presentations, Health Career Clubs
- AHEC provides MedQuest and CollegeQuest summer sessions for high school students to explore and experience health careers
- AHEC arranges job Shadow Days when students can spend a day observing a health career with a professional in the field
- AHEC offers classroom visits when a Health Career educator engages students in health career discussions, using hands-on tools of the trade and curriculum that is responsive to proficiency-based graduation requirements and personal learning plans (PLPs).
- AHEC participates in Student Career Fairs: watch for the AHEC exhibit at your student career fair, where an AHEC staff member can guide you to resources for learning about health care careers
- AHEC sponsors many other health care workforce development initiatives. Visit www.ahec.org as a gateway to your Vermont heath care future.
To learn more about the possibilities in your area, contact your regional AHEC office:
Connecting students to careers, professionals to communities, and communities to better health.
Last modified September 14 2015 11:48 AM