In 2013, the UVM College of Medicine received nearly $68 million in research funding, representing nearly 64 percent of total research funding at the University. Principal investigators led more than 300 funded projects in the basic, clinical and translational sciences, advancing our reputation for outstanding science and discovery.
University-wide collaborations advance interdisciplinary connections and problem-solving, while the Transdisciplinary Research Initiative (TRI) incorporates UVM's strengths.
Our research strengths and key themes include:
- Cardiovascular Research
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS)
- Environmental Pathology Research
- Health Care Improvement Research
- Neuroscience Research
- Vermont Cancer Center
- Vermont Center for Immunology and Infectious Diseases
- Vermont Lung Center
Departmentally-based research programs and projects.
Clinical investigations that promote the advances in basic science to the bedside and relay new problems and questions back to basic scientists.
Our shared facilities and resources gives researchers sophisticated equipment and methodologies to help expand their work.
- Careers & Job Opportunities at the College of Medicine
- Find a Job at UVM
- Find a Job at Fletcher Allen Health Care
Please direct inquiries regarding research, lab and intern positions to the hiring department or lab.