Fall 2012 Community Medical School Began Sept. 11
- By Jennifer Nachbur
The fall 2012 series of Community Medical School, a free public lecture series launched in 1998 that shares the teaching, research and clinical talents of the best faculty experts at the UVM College of Medicine and Fletcher Allen with local citizens, began September 11 and runs Tuesdays evenings through October 9, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in Carpenter Auditorium in the Given Building at the UVM College of Medicine. Each includes a Q&A session following the presentation.
Fall 2012 lecture dates, topics and speakers include:
• September 11, “Creating Order Out of Chaos: New Research on Treating Atrial Fibrillation” by Peter Spector, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Director of Cardiac Electrophysiology
• September 18, “Getting to the Point: Childhood Immunizations” by William Raszka, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics and Chief, Pediatric Infectious Diseases
• September 25, “Handle with Care: Managing Traumatic Burn Injuries” by Margaret Tandoh, M.D., Assistant Professor of Surgery and Trauma Surgeon
• October 2, “Saving Your Skin: How Mohs Surgery Treats Skin Cancer” by Glenn Goldman, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Dermatologist
• October 9, SPECIAL PANEL PRESENTATION: “Gut Instincts: Food, Facts and Fiction in Irritable Bowel Disease” featuring Jean Harvey-Berino, Ph.D., Professor and Chair of Nutrition and Food Sciences and Associate Professor of Medicine; Gary Mawe, Ph.D., Professor of Neurological Sciences; and Peter Moses, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Gastroenterologist
Free parking is available onsite. Registration and additional information are available at 802-847-2886 or Community Medical School.