The Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) performed a full accreditation site visit of the University of Vermont College of Medicine on April 22 – 25, 2013. We received a report from the LCME in Fall 2013.
The purpose of the accreditation process was to certify that a medical education program meets prescribed standards, and to promote institutional self evaluation and improvement. Our last site visit was in 2005, with the College receiving a full eight-year reaccreditation.
As part of the process, we were required to conduct a self-study to critically examine our curriculum, resources, procedures, faculty and students. The Report captured our evaluation and measurement of the College against the required LCME Standards.
- LCME Site Visit: April 21-24, 2013. View schedule (PDF).
News and Updates
- April Update from Dean Morin (PDF).
- February Update from Drs. Morin and Carney (PDF).
- December Update from Drs. Morin and Carney (PDF).
- October Update from Drs. Morin and Carney (PDF).
- COM Bylaws approved on September 20, 2012 (PDF).
What You Need to Know
- COM Summary (PDF).
- COM Mission Statement (PDF).
- COM Organizational Chart (PDF)
- COM Strategic Plan (PDF).
- COM Statement on Diversity and Inclusion (PDF).
- COM Statement on Medical Professionalism (PDF).
- COM Curriculum Competencies (PDF).
- COM Bylaws (PDF) - Approved September 20, 2012
- COM Faculty Handbook - Amended February 6, 2016
- COM Standards and Guidelines (PDF) - Approved March 1, 2016
|Educational Program||Bill Jeffries, Ph.D.||Educational Program (PDF)|
|Faculty||Polly Parsons, M.D.||Faculty (PDF)|
|Medical Students||Jan Gallant, M.D.||Medical Students (PDF)|
|Institutional Setting||Russ Tracy, Ph.D.||Institutional Setting (PDF)|
|Educational Resources||Richard Galbraith, M.D, Ph.D.||Educational Resources (PDF)|
Last modified March 16 2016 08:08 AM