Serving the world we live in is a vitally important mission of the UVM College of Medicine. The College is a key partner with state leaders in finding solutions for the issues that affect patients, populations and policy, and many of our programs serve as national models of excellence.
Community Medical School – a series of evening medical science lectures led by UVM/Fletcher Allen faculty experts. Free and open to the public. Spring 2013 series has concluded. Fall 2013 series announcement coming late summer.
Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) – promotes solutions to meet community health needs, and provides resources including health care career exploration, educational loan repayment program, and BMI charts.
Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center at Fletcher Allen – a free service, staffed by a Medical Librarian and Health Educator to help navigate the health information maze.
Fletcher Allen Community Resources at teaching partner Fletcher Allen Health Care, offering health information, support groups, and employer health programs.
Public Health Projects - teaching students to apply the principles and science of public health while working to meet the needs and improve the health of the community.
UVM Government and Community Relations
- Office of Federal, State and Community Relations
- Community-University Partnerships & Service Learning
- Outreach & Community Engagement
- UVM Extension: Community and Economic Vitality
- Center on Disability and Community Inclusion
- Department of Community Development and Applied Economics
- Student Life: Leadership & Civic Engagement