- About the Exhibit
- Special Events
- Education Resources
- ECHO Blog - OUR BODY: Questions, Curiosity and Controversy
Watch ECHO’s “Our Body: The Universe Within” Ad Spot
(Exhibit featured at ECHO April 14-September 3, 2012)
Our Body: The Universe Within was presented by ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center and co-hosted by the University of Vermont College of Medicine. Both ECHO and the UVM College of Medicine supported this exhibit, because both institutions are committed to teaching not only the next generation of scientists and physicians, but the Vermont community, the region and beyond. In jointly supporting this exhibit, UVM and ECHO aimed to inspire all visitors to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of the body's form, function and uniqueness.
A wide selection of teaching materials were made available to help people understand the various systems of the body highlighted in the exhibit.
In support of the exhibit, College of Medicine faculty created educational videos themed around each of the body's systems, including:
- Musculoskeletal System - Robert Monsey, M.D., Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
- Cardiovascular System - William Hopkins, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine
- Reproductive System - George Osol, Ph.D., Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Urinary System - Margaret Vizzard, Ph.D., Professor of Neurology
- Brain and Nervous System - Cynthia Forehand, Ph.D., Professor of Anatomy and Neurobiology
- Respiratory System - Garth Garrison, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Gastrointestinal system - Gary Mawe, Ph.D., Professor of Anatomy and Neurobiology
Visit ECHO to learn more, or call 1-877-324-6386.
Last modified September 05 2012 10:42 AM