This page has moved to here!
About The Larner College of Medicine
Second to None
Founded in 1822, The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont is the seventh medical school established in the U.S. We have a longstanding reputation for educating and training forward-thinking physicians and scientists, fostering groundbreaking research to improve patients' lives, and actively engaging with the community locally and globally. We graduate over 100 physicians and 20 biomedical Ph.D.s each year and have dynamic programs including cardiovascular diseases, the neurosciences, cancer, lung disease, diabetes, and vaccine testing.
As Vermont's only research university, UVM is an economic engine for the entire state, and the Larner College of Medicine plays a substantial role in creating a significant return on the state's investment. It is estimated that the total economic impact of the Larner College of Medicine exceeds $400 million annually in Vermont, directly and indirectly supporting over 2,600 jobs in the state.
In addition to roles as researchers and educators, our faculty physicians provide patient care at The University of Vermont Medical Center and offer global and regional opportunities through our clinical partners.
With the announcement of the historic gift by Dr. Robert and Helen Larner, the college will continue building a medical education culture that is second to none. Recent initiatives include digitizing the entire curriculum, creating new innovative classrooms that facilitate active learning, building an enhanced simulation center to help students learn clinical skills, and recruiting an endowed Professor of Medical Education to lead the Teaching Academy.
- Action-oriented academic training that maximizes student medical knowledge and acumen.
- Flexible preparatory curriculum that allows inquisitive students to find their passion.
- Approachable instruction provided by field experts supported by the forward-thinking Teaching Academy.
- Adjacent medical center campus provides real-world training from clinical trials to laboratory work.
- Investment in leading technology for research and clinical use.
- Pioneering research led by engaged and passionate scientists.
Culture of Conviction
- Human and relatable care centered on patients, and the world at-large.
- Devotion to setting the standard for diversity and inclusion nationwide.
- Supportive medical research and innovative education landscape historically proven to maximize investment results.
- UVM Administrative and Facilities Services
- UVM Office of the President
- UVM Faculty Senate
- UVM Research
- The University of Vermont Medical Center Leadership Team
Last modified February 27 2017 09:47 AM