University of Vermont

Transferring from another State

If you are a Master Gardener in another state and would like to transfer your certification to UVM Extension Master Gardener, please complete the following steps: (Please note: If you would like to lead an ongoing EMG project in Vermont, you are required to transfer your certification to the UVM Extension Master Gardener program).

Step 1. Fill out the Transfer Application Form .

Step 2: Submit your $50 membership dues online via this link . Select Option 3: Reactivating/Transferring Dues.

Step 3: Order your Certified Badge by filling out this form .

Step 4: Once the membership dues are received, our office will provide you with the following:

  • Email you the Online Version of the Extension Master Gardener Sustainable Gardening Manual where the Chapter Readings are found for the 4 required lecture recordings listed below.
  • Email you the link to the 4 REQUIRED Lecture recordings on YouTube (1. What It Means to Be a Certified Master Gardener Volunteer in Vermont, 2. Native and Invasive Plants in Vermont, 3. Intro to Plant Pathology and IPM, 4. Sustainable Landscape Design).
  • Email you the username and password to access the members only portion of our website.
  • Add you to your local EMG Chapter Listserv and share your contact information with your local EMG Chapter, so they can be in touch with you about volunteering.
  • Mail your Vermont EMG certified badge and certificate, (Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery).

Step 5: Read the required Chapter Readings and watch the 4 required lecture recordings listed in Step 4.

Welcome to the Vermont EMG program. We look forward to working with you!

Beret Halverson, State Coordinator
Vermont EMG Program

Last modified November 29 2017 01:31 PM