How to Reactivate Certified or Intern EMG Status
Please follow these steps if you fall in one of two categories:
1. A "Certified Extension Master Gardener" who has not been active as a volunteer for 2 or more years, and would like to reactivate your status as an Extension Master Gardener Volunteer, (EMG).
OR, if you are...
2. An "Extension Master Gardener (EMG) Intern" who did not complete certification (40 volunteer hours) within 2 years of taking the course.
If you fall into one of the above two categories, please complete the following steps:
Step 1. Fill out the Reactivation Form
If you took the course from 2010 on, completing the Reactivation Form and submitting your membership dues are the steps you are required to complete.
For those who took the course PRIOR to 2010, you will also be required to complete the following:
Step 2: Submit your $50 membership dues. Pay online HERE. Or, checks can be made payable to "UVM Foundation-Master Gardener", and mailed to: 411 Main St., Burlington, VT 05405. Indicate, "EMG Reactivate" on your check.
Step 3: Once the membership dues are received, our office will provide you with the following:
- Email you the links to the following lecture recordings on YouTube (1. What It Means to Be a Certified Master Gardener Volunteer, 2. Native and Invasive Plants in Vermont, 3. Intro to Plant Pathology and IPM, 4. Sustainable Landscape Design).
- Email you the username and password to access the members only portion of our website.
- Add you to your local EMG Chapter listserv and share your contact information with your local EMG Chapter, so they can be in touch with you about volunteering.
Step 4: Read the required Chapter Readings for the lectures listed in Step 5, and watch the 4 required lecture recordings. Chapter Readings are found in the Extension Master Gardener Sustainable Gardening Manual you purchased when you took the course. The chapter readings for each lecture are: 1. What It Means to Be a Certified Master Gardener Volunteer - read the latest version of the Volunteer Handbook (provided within the EMG Login website); 2. Native and Invasive Plants in Vermont - Chapter 23, as well as review various websites you will be provided with; 3. Intro to Plant Pathology and IPM - read Chapters 5,6,17; 4. Sustainable Landscape Design - read Chapter 20.
Welcome back to the Vermont EMG program. We look forward to working with you!
Beret Halverson, State Coordinator
Vermont EMG Program
Last modified October 26 2017 08:47 AM