Work-Study Job Descriptions
Support L/L Gallery co-directors in all aspects of Gallery operations. Responsibilities: Help produce Gallery publicity; Reception set-up/clean-up; Maintain Gallery listserv; Help with installation and dismantling of exhibits. Evening and weekend hours available. Position Requirements: Ability to work collaboratively and independently; Computer skills.
- Plan and implement all aspects of the Rhythm & Brews Coffeehouse concert series including sound and lighting, beverage service, performer recruitment, advertising, contract negotiation, and more. Training available. Must be available Thursday evenings and additional nights/weekends as necessary. Living/Learning residents preferred.
Computer Lab Assistant
- Monitor the Computer Lab (314 Commons) during public access hours. The Lab contains Dell computers, networked through the campus network to a local server. Knowledge of Internet software, Microsoft Office, Lotus SmartSuite and Claris Works helpful. Responsible for security of the facility, assisting users with basic questions, sale of laser printer output, and reporting machine problems promptly. Applicants with computer literacy and/or familiarity with the Campus Network will receive priority in hiring for this position. This position includes mandatory rotating shifts on weekends.
Director's Office Staff Assistant
- Assist office personnel with word processing, filing, making copies, answering the phone, taking messages, and operating office machines (fax, copier, scanner). Some experience helpful but will train on the office machines. This position also requires running errands to other offices on campus.
Provide assistance to L/L staff with events, including event set-up and break-down, setting up audio-visual equipment, being present during events to respond to any issues that may arise, supporting presenter needs, etc.. Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds. Flexible hours, mostly late afternoons and evenings. Strong comfort level with a/v equipment (e.g., computers, LCD projectors, sound systems) required. Must be dependable and able to work independently.
- Monitors the gallery during open hours to provide security. Some clerical work and maintenance (painting, vacuuming). Gallery hours are from 12:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Monday - Friday; 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m, Saturday.
Provide assistance to the Living/Learning Graduate Assistant in the area of leadership training and development to the student program directors. Student program directors are the most likely candidates for this position, but any student interested in the opportunity to explore leadership development in an in depth manner is encouraged to apply.
Photo Co-op Proctor
Check membership cards and monitor traffic in and out of facility. Assist with maintenance and cleanup of the L/LC darkrooms. Photographic experience desirable but not necessary. This position may include mandatory rotating shifts on weekends.
Pottery Studio Assistant
- Assist with basic maintenance of studio including cleaning, making clay and glazes, loading kilns and limited clerical tasks. Some knowledge of pottery is desirable but not essential.
Assist the Living/Learning Center Director's Office with coordination of all publicity. Tasks will include editing and distributing LLNEWS (the Center's weekly newsletter), soliciting information about upcoming program events, preparing flyers/posters, taking photographs at center events, creating PowerPoint slide shows for the new L/L events display monitors, etc
To Apply for a Job
The application can be done at any time. Complete it as soon as possible, but no later than Wednesday, September 7 at 12:00 Noon.
Last modified August 09 2011 01:08 PM