Living/Learning Center Pottery Co-op
Pottery Co-op Membership
Membership in the Pottery Co-op comes with several benefits! These include:
- Non-credit classes - Taught by highly skilled and patient potters, these once-a-week classes offer a casual environment for learning new skills. See the class schedule for more info.
- Clay, materials and firings - We have a full glaze inventory, and offer stoneware, porcelain, and terra cotta clays.
- Studio access - In addition to the weekly classes, you can come in to the studio at many other times to work on your own. We have both kick and electric wheels as well as gas, electric and raku kilns. Studio access during the academic year is as follows:
- 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Monday to Friday (although we ask that members avoid working during other classes).
- Noon to 10:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday.
- Fees - Co-op fees are as follows:
- $95/Semester (for UVM affiliates - students, faculty and staff)
- $125/Semester (for students from other institutions)
- $190/Semester (for community members not affiliated with UVM)
- Summer sessions - While no classes are available, summer sessions are offered to individuals who have been members in the past. Dates of summer sessions and studio access hours vary, and are communicated to Co-op members at the end of the Spring semester.
To Become a Member
To become a member everyone must sign up for a Non-Credit class AT the registration meeting. Once you have attended a class for a full semester you can choose to use the studio without taking a class.
To become a member of the Pottery Co-op, you must attend the registration session at the begining of the semester in the Fall.
For information about the Pottery Co-op, contact Joan Watson at Joan.Watson@uvm.edu.
Last modified August 09 2013 12:02 PM