What you can expect of your Subject Area Tutor(s):
2. That tutors will maintain the highest privacy standards in terms of protecting personal information in relation to those whom they tutor.
3. That tutors will respond to email and/or phone calls within a reasonable amount of time.
4. That tutors are committed to acting in the tutees’ best interest, this includes never doing the tutees’ work.
5. That tutors will practice and promote accuracy, honesty, and truthfulness.
6. That tutors will exercise reasonable judgment and take precautions to ensure that their potential biases, the boundaries of their competence, and the limitations of their expertise do not lead to or condone unjust practices.
What your Subject Area Tutor can expect of you:
1. That you will come prepared to your tutoring session, this includes bringing your book and graded assignments, as well as attempted homework assignments and specific questions.
2. That all cancellations will be made to the tutor via email or phone well before the tutoring session. In this scenario, it is the student’s responsibility to reschedule. Please note that you will be charged for all appointments that you do not attend and do not cancel 24 hours in advance.
3. That you will respect the predetermined appointment duration, and respectfully renegotiate if necessary.
4. That you will come into the session understanding that the tutor will neither do the work for you nor assume the role already occupied by the course instructor or teaching assistant.
What both tutor and student can expect from each other:
1. Mutual respect for cultural, individual, and role differences, including those based on age, sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status.
2. Tutors will arrive on time and be prepared for your tutoring session. In the case of tutor cancellation, he/she will email to reschedule. On the same note, students will also be on time and prepared. If the student needs to cancel, he or she must notify the tutor at least 24 hr in advance and make the effort to reschedule.
3. Maintenance of a professional and mature discourse during the session.
For further information on UVM's policies regarding student conduct, please download the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
Last modified April 12 2011 08:53 AM