Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an widely implemented, group-based, peer-run study system. Students who participate regularly throughout the semester have been found, statistically, to have a higher level of understanding and they receive higher grades.
- have completed the course or an appropriate equivalent;
- attend lecture along with students;
- prepare two, hour-long review sessions each week;
- host two office hours each week.
- incorporate study skills, techniques, and strategies relevant to the course;
- review lecture content;
- offer opportunities for students to work with peers, ask questions, and practice with the material.
SI is FREE, voluntary, and each session is different, so you should attend as often as you can.
Are you interested in what other students have said about the SI program? Students share their thoughts about SI.
Are you interested in becoming an SI leader? Learn more about becoming an SI leader.
If you have any questions or issues related to the Supplemental Instruction program, contact Keith Williams via email at Keith.M.Williams@uvm.edu, or 656-7964.
Last modified November 01 2013 01:13 PM