You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
- 1860 - 1900
- The writing on this image reads, "Mine Copperfield." This image shows a few different structures surrounded by slag piles, erosion, rocks, and boulders. The buildings on the left are most likely houses with small outbuildings and outhouses. The building on the right is most likely part of the mining process with the large slag pile surrounding the structure. The landscape is almost devoid of vegetation with only a few leafless deciduous trees, grasses, weeds, and shrubs scattered throughout the area. It appears as though the clear-cutting has exposed bedrock on the hill in the background while other areas show signs of heavy erosion. The season is either fall or spring.
- 3908 x 2607 pixels; 1008873 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Mining; Earth Materials; Boulders; Buildings; Chimneys; Colluvium; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Earth Materials; Erosion; Forests and Plants; Geology; Grassland plants; Hills; Historic mines; Human Activity; Human Constructs; Landforms; Living Things; Mines and mineral resources; Nature; Ore deposits; Outbuildings; Outcrops (Geology); Plants; Roads; Roads,Earth; Sediments (Geology); Soil erosion; Surface Processes; Tailings embankments; Trees; Wooden-frame buildings; Work
- University of Vermont Archives
- Submitted By:
- Michala Peabody
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Catalogue Information:
- Collamer Abbott Collection
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Height of copper mining in Vershire. Cleared hills.
- Times viewed: