You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
Camp Perry, Caspian Lake
- 1907 - 1910
- This image captures a camp along the shore of Caspian Lake. Through the spaced trees you can see a pavilion or gazebo and perhaps the porch of a house further back. A bench built between two trees faces the water. A nice stone retaining wall passes along the rocky beach in the foreground. A wooden dock juts out into the water with a small gazebo on its end. You can see the wooded hills of the far shore in the distance to the right. Note how the underbrush in the woods around the camp has been cleared. The postcard was sent September 2, 1910.
- 3180 x 1952 pixels; 2637393 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Boulders; Buildings; Conifers; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Earth Materials; Forest plants; Forests and Plants; Geology; Hills; Human Constructs; Lakes; Landforms; Landscapes; Living Things; Nature; Pavilions; Pebbles; Plants; Rocks; Rural; Sediments (Geology); Shorelines; Stone walls; Stone walls and Fences; Trees;
- Highland Lodge
- Submitted By:
- Kara Lenorovitz
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Emma J. Lindsay of Greensboro, Vermont, as part of the GMCCO series. Printed in Germany.
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Postcard was sent in 1910. Postcard style does not date ealier than 1907.
- Times viewed: