You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
Children Playing on Main Street
- 1907 - 1919
- This postcard was sent October 1, 1919. It captures a couple boys playing in the dirt street with wooden rims. A couple younger children look on from the sidewalk while a couple women look on from a nearby front porch. You can clearly see a few houses with porches on the right side of the road. One of the porches is screened. Trees and a dirt path or sidewalk run along the road. Power lines criss-cross the street. An automobile is visible in the background. Esther Munroe Swift writes on 2006-3-14: The boys are rolling hoops. In the far rear left one can see an open touring car and part of the Town Common. This is probably mid-summer judging from the abundance of the foliage.
- 3205 x 1988 pixels; 3449063 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Automobiles; Boys; Buildings; Chimneys; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Electric lines--Poles and towers; Forests and Plants; Human Constructs; Landscapes; Living Things; Nature; People; Roads; Roads,Earth; Season; Shade trees; Summer; Time; Transportation; Trees; Village communities; Women; Wooden-frame buildings;
- Special Collections, Bailey/Howe Library, University of Vermont
- Submitted By:
- Kara Lenorovitz
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Postcard was sent in 1919. Postcard style does not date earlier than 1907.
- Times viewed: